Thursday, February 20, 2014

DIY Frugal Floor Cleaner


If you're anything like me, you hate spending money on unnecessary things. 
I hate buying floor cleaner. 
I feel like floor cleaner is basically a combination of the other cleaners I already purchase, but in a bottle labelled 'floor' just to get you to buy it.
So, I decided to make my own.
And let me tell you. 
It works wonders. 

Living in an apartment has its perks, but what is the most annoying about our apartment is that the entry way leads right into the kitchen. 
And this is Canada. 
We get a lot of snow. 
So we are constantly tracking in snow, slush, dirt, salt, and who knows what else!
I needed a super cleaner that was going to get the job done the first time.

Ingredients;
4 cups hot water (*if your tap water doesn't get hot enough, boil some or use water directly from the keurig!)
2-3 tablespoons of Dishsoap (I prefer sunlight for this!)
1/2 cup of vinegar 
1/8 cup of baking soda
the juice of 1 lemon


1 comment:

  1. One good thing about being crafty is that it helps one's frugal side. And as always, I'm glad you're both creative and thrifty, Kay. After all, we readers get the best of your thrifty creations. Hahaha! Anyway, those homemade cleaners sure sound like it'll work wonders with the floors. I'll make sure to try it out and let you know. Thanks for sharing and all the best to you! :)

    Courtney Morris @ Onyx Cleaning

    ReplyDelete