Friday, March 28, 2014

Homemade Doggie Treats!


With the silly amount of puppies currently inhabiting our life, I figure now was as good of a time to try to make my own dog treats. 
I immediately began googling and pinteresting for recipes. 
There are a lot of recipe options!!
After looking at approximately 15 recipes and noticing the similarities between them all, I figured I could just create a recipe and see how it turned out. 

Ingredients; 
1/3 cup of Peanut Butter
2 cups Whole Wheat Flour 
1 tbl Vegetable Oil 
1 cup of Oatmeal 
1 cup of Water 

Combine water, peanut butter, and oil together. 
Slowly add flour to wet mixture one cup at a time with your mixture on low speed. 
Kneed in Oatmeal (I did this by hand!). 
 Roll and cut into various shapes for your fur babies! 
Bake at 375 degrees for 25-30 minutes. 
*these treats don't expand so they will hold the shape of your cookie cutter!*

My fur babies loved these treats! 
Store in an airtight container for optimal texture. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment